GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
EDUCATION (SER.VI) DEPARTMENT.
G.O.Ms.No. 102, Dated
1.G.O.Ms.No.46 Education (Ser.VI) Department dt.10-05-2002.
3.G.O.Ms.No.96 Education (Ser.II) Department,dated.25-07-2005.
* * *
The following notification will be published in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 5 and sub-section (1) of section 12 of the Andhra Pradesh School Education Teachers and other employees (Abolition of existing service cadres and Regulation of recruitment and conditions of service) Ordinance, 2005 (A.P. Ordinance 12 of 2005) and in supersession of Andhra Pradesh Teachers (Regulation of Transfers) Rules, 2002 issued in G.O.Ms.No.46, Education (Ser.VI) Department, dated the 10th May, 2002 as subsequently amended; the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby makes the following rules, regulating the transfer of teachers governed by the Andhra Pradesh School Educational Subordinate Service.
1. Short Title These rules may be called the Andhra Pradesh Teachers (Regulation of Transfers) Rules, 2005
2. Competent authorities to make Transfers:--
The following Committees are competent to order transfer of teachers -
District Level (i) The District Level Committees shall consist of the following
(a) Chairman, Zilla Parishad -- Chairman
(b) Joint Collector/An Officer not below the rank of Joint Collector nominated by the District Collector -- Member
(c) Chief Executive Officer -- Zilla Parishad - Member
(d) District Educational Officer -- Member-Secretary
(ii) The Committee shall be the authority for transfer of all categories of Teachers working in Primary, Upper Primary and High Schools.
(iii) The Member – Secretary shall be the competent authority
to issue posting and transfer orders, after the approval of
(iv) The Member Secretary shall receive transfer application as
3. The Criteria The following criteria shall be observed in making transfer
for transfer of teachers:-
(1) All the teachers who have completed more than 8 years of service in a particular School / Office/ Institution located in gram panchayat or town or city as on 1st July of the year shall be transferred.
(2) All male teachers working in Girls Schools /
Institutions shall be transferred if such male teacher is above 50 years of age and no female teacher is available and if the teacher has not completed 8 years of service in that School / Institution he can be continued in that School / Institution provided that if the teacher is retiring within (2 ) years, he shall not be transferred without his request.
(3) Teachers working against other cadre posts for
want of vacancy shall be transferred.
(4) Teachers found surplus due to rationalisation of
schools and posts shall be transferred.
(5) The teachers who are retiring within 2 years shall
not be transferred without their request.
(6) No teacher who has not completed 2 years of
service in a particular School/ Office/ Institution as
on 1st July of the year shall be transferred.
(7) The teachers shall not be transferred and posted to
a School or Office or Institution in the same gram
panchayat or town or city if he has completed 8 years
of service. However this will not apply to the teachers
working in Hyderabad District.
(8) No teacher shall be transferred on mere allegations
either oral or written; unless the allegations have
been duly enquired into and prima-facie case is
(9) No teacher rejoining duty after leave, shall be
posted to any other new School / Institution. He shall
be posted only in the school / Institution from where
he has gone on leave.
(10) No male teachers shall be posted in Girls High
Schools / Institutions. If female teachers are
not available then only male teachers who are 50
of age and above shall be posted in
Schools / Institutions.
(11) The transfer applications of spouses shall not be
accepted under spouse case if both of them are
working in a same Gram Panchayat/town/city.
(12) Teachers can be transferred and posted to their
native Mandals to facilitate their stay at the place of
posting in order to devote themselves more intensely
to the task of importing quality education.
(13) The transfers shall be effected through counselling
once in a year.
(14) Teachers shall be transferred against a clear
vacancy and of the same category, subject and
4. Entitlement The points shall be awarded to each applicant
points (teacher) who applied for transfer as follows :-
(i) For service in category IV areas: Ten (10) points per every year of service.
(ii) For service in Category III areas: Five (5) points per every year of service.
(iii) For service in the Category II areas: Three (3) points per every year of service.
(iv) For service in the Category I areas: One (1) point per every year of service.
Note: -The Habitations / Towns shall be classified into
the following categories namely: -
(a) Category – I: All Habitations / Towns where 20%
HRA is admissible.
(b) Category –II: All Habitations / Towns where 12.5% HRA is admissible.
(c) Category –III: All Habitations / Towns where 10 %
(d) Category-IV: All Habitations/ Towns where 10% HRA is admissible, but not having Bus / Train facilities within a radius of 3 Kms from the school point to the bus stop / Railway station.
(2) Service as a teacher:-
One point for 5 years of service in the present cadre as on 1st July of the year.
(i) Ten (10) Points for the teachers who are retiring within Two Years from 1st July of the academic year.
(ii) Ten (10) points for un-married female teachers.
(iii) Ten (10) points for teachers whose spouse is working in Government or Public Sector of Local Body or Aided Institutions.
(iv) Ten (10) points to the President and the General Secretary of District Units and the State Level President and General Secretary of recognized Associations.
Categories (i) Physically handicapped ie. those with not less than
70% orthopaedically handicapped.
(iii) Legally separated single Women.
(iv) The teachers who are suffering with the following diseases certified by Specialised Institutions for the concerned diseases as specified by the Director of School Education in consultation with the Director of Medical Education.
(b) Heart Operation
(d) Bone T.B.
(e) Kidney Transplantation
(v) Teachers who are willing to go over on transfer to the Schools in category IV area and whose spouses are employees of State Government / Local Bodies/Aided institutions
Note:1. The benefit of preference shall be given once in 8 years to the above categories.
Note:2. A copy of certificate issued by a competent authority and also the medical claim should be submitted along with the transfer application to consider their cases under preferential category on medical grounds.
(2) If the applicant happens to be the HM, then the inspecting officer of the school / office shall forward the application.
(3) If the Teachers want transfer to the places of their choice as per entitlement points earned by them, they shall submit request application to the concerned authorities and attend to the counseling for opting places of their choice along with other teachers. If not they will be transferred to the available vacancies.
(4) The concerned Heads of the Institutions /
Inspecting Officers shall verify and certify the
correctness of the particulars furnished in the
(5) Any application received directly from the
applicant will be summarily rejected. Disciplinary action will be taken against such teacher under conduct rules.
(6) All requests for transfers to other mandals
shall be countersigned by the concerned Head Master of High School / Inspecting Officer after verifying the correctness of the particulars. If it is found that the teacher has furnished incorrect information for the purpose of transfer. Disciplinary action will be taken against the teacher concerned and the Certifying/Countersigning Officer..
7. Computerization On receipt of applications for transfers, the data shall be computerised by the Member Secretary of the committee concerned.
8. Arrangement All the applications shall be arranged category-wise,
of applications subject-wise and media-wise. Teachers with highest entitlement points will be placed first in the list and others in the descending order. In case of tie, the seniority of individual shall be taken into consideration. In case of tie in seniority, the person who is older shall be placed first in the list. The list shall be displayed on the notice board 7 days before the date of commencement of transfer counseling, and the lists shall also be made available to the teachers, on payment of the cost of the list.
9. Notification of (1) The list of Vacancies i.e.
(i) clear vacancies,
(ii) Vacancies that may arise due to transfer of
teachers who have completed 8 years of
(iii) Vacancies that may arise due to transfer of
teachers working in
(iv) Vacancies that may arise due to Teachers
working against other cadre posts
(v) the posts found surplus due to rationalization and
(vi) The posts of teachers who have been transferred
to other districts by the Government shall be
displayed on the notice board 7 days before the
date of counseling.
(2) The copies of the list of vacancies shall be made
available to the teachers, on payment of the cost of
(3) The vacancies that may arise during the counseling shall also be announced and displayed on the notice board immediately. The leave vacancies shall not be notified.
(4) No vacancy shall be added to the list after the list
is displayed. The Member-Secretary shall be held
responsible for any vacancy added/deleted after the list
(5) While displaying the No. of vacancies for the purpose of counseling, the Member-Secretary shall have to observe that the equal number of vacancies shall be left vacant in all the mandals (units of posting) after due completion of the counseling process. This must be observe category wise, subject wise and medium wise.
1. Total No. of clear vacancies as on
the day of counseslling = X
2. No. of posts to be filled up by
promotion (70%) = Y
3. No. of DSC selected candidates = Z
4. No. of vacancies to be left vacant
after counseling (Transfer/Post of
DSC candidates) = X—(Y+Z)
5. No. of Mandals (Units of postings) = a
6. No. of vacancies to be left
vacant after counseling (transfer/
promotion/posting) in each
Mandal/unit of posting = X—(Y+Z)
10. Process of (1) After displaying the vacancy list and the Counseling applicants’ list in the above-prescribed manner, the
concerned committees shall call the applicant teachers
with higher points in the following order of priority. The
names of persons who have not applied for transfer will
be placed at the end of the list.
(i) Physically Handicapped – i.e., those with not less
than 70% Orthopaedically handicapped particularly
on the legs.
(iii) Legally separated single women.
(iv) The teachers who are suffering with the following
diseases certified by Specialised Institutions for the
concerned diseases as specified by the Director of
School Education in consultation with Director of
(b) Heart Operation
(d) Bone T.B.
(e) Kidney Transplantation
(v) Teachers who are willing to go on transfer to the Schools in category IV area and whose spouses are employees of State Government/Local Bodies/Aided institutions
(vi) Other Teachers
(2) The transfers Counseling of teachers of same category, subject and media shall be conducted in 3 spells in the following order.
First Spell: The teachers found surplus due to rationalisation, the male teachers working in girls schools and the teachers working against other cadre post for want of vacancy.
Second spell: The Teacher who have completed 8 years of service and the teacher who have applied for transfer.
Third Spell: The teachers who have been transfer from other District by the Government.
(3) In all the three spells, the order of counseling will be as per preferential categories stated in Rule 10(1).
11. Selection of The applicant applying for counseling will then be asked to
vacancies by choose any one of the vacant posts available at that point
the applicant. of time.
12. Issue of On exercising such a choice by the teacher, the Member-
orders Secretary, shall issue a transfer order then and there duly deleting that vacancy from the list of vacancies displayed.
13. Completion of This counseling exercise shall be continued till all the
Counselling applicants are covered as per the time frame/ Schedule
communicated by the Director of School Education.
14. Display on the The list of the teachers transferred, indicating the places of
Notice Board transfer against their names shall also be displayed on the notice board on the day of counseling. This list shall be made available to the teachers, on payment of the cost of the list. No transfer shall be made after the list is displayed and any transfers are made after display of the list, the Member-Secretary concerned will be held personally responsible and severe action will be taken against him.
15. Relief The teachers, who got transfer orders, shall be relieved by the competent authority on the next day of counseling..
16. Responsibility The Member - Secretary concerned shall ensure that the
of the above norms and procedures are observed while effecting
Officers transfers and they will be personally held responsible for any deviations.
17. Schedule for The Director of School Education,
Transfers the schedule once in a year and communicate the same to
the competent authority to effect the transfers.
19. Appeal:- (i) An appeal against any order of the District Level
Committee shall lie to the Director of School
Education within 10 days from the date of receipt of
(ii) All such appeals shall be disposed off within 20 days from the date of appeal.
(2) The Director of School Education may stay the implementation of any such proceedings, pending exercise of his powers under sub-rule (1) above.
(3) The Director of School Education may either suo-moto or on an application from any person interested, made within forty five days of the passing of an order under sub-rule (1) review any such order, if it was passed by him under any mistake, whether of fact or of law, or in ignorance of any material fact.
21. Punishment The Teachers who have submitted false for furnishing information and certificates, and the Officers who have false information countersigned the information, shall be liable for
disciplinary action as per rules in addition to filing of
criminal cases against them.
22. Punishment The Member-Secretary, who have issued orders in
for Violating violation of the rules and instructions issued by Director
the rules of School Education from time to time in the matter shall be liable for disciplinary action as per rules.
23. Ensuring that While effecting transfers, the Committees at various levels
transfer process should ensure that the tribal and backward areas not left
doesn’t result in without teachers.
A tribal and back-
ward areas being
24. All Transfers shall be
strictly in conformity
with the Presidential
25. All the transfers and promotions
issued under these rules shall
be subject to the final out come
of SLP Nos.9467-82 of 2004 and
13922/2005 pending in the
Hon’ble Supreme Court of
pending in the Honourable
High Court of A.P. and any other
Cases pending in the Andhra
Pradesh Administrative Tribunal,
This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their U.O. No.7679/357/ESE/05, dated 4.8.2005.
This order is available in the internet and can be accessed at the address http://www.aponline.gov.in.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of
The Director, Printing, Stationery and Stores Purchases A.P.,
for supply of 1500 copies)
All the District Collectors.
All District Educational Officers.
Law (E) Department
//Forwarded :: by order//
DEPARTMENT OF SCHOOLL EDUCATION
5.Date of Birth
8.Date of joining in the Present Cadre
9.Present place of working
10.Date from which the individual is working in
the present School/Institution
11.Date from which the individual is working in
12.% HRA drawn in the present School/Institution
13.In the case of drawing 10% HRA, the distance
between school and the nearest Bus stage/
14.Whetherl he/she is president or General
Secretary of the District/State of Recognized
15.Whether spouse is employee of State Govt./Local body
16.State whether the teacher is
i) Physically Handicapped (not less then 70%)
iii) Legally Separated single women
iv) If he/she is suffering with the following diseases viz.
b. Heart Surgery
e. Kidney Transplantation
17. Whether he is willing to work in Category-IV area
Note: Certificates against the points 14,15 and 16(i)(iii)(iv) shall be enclosed.
Signature of the applicant
Certified that the particulars furnished by the applicant are verified with reference
To certificates, records of the School/Institution and Service Register of the individual and found correct.
Signature of the Head Master
Designation with Seal
Note: The teachers who have submitted false information, and certificates and the officers who have counter signed the information will be liable for disciplinary action as per rules in addition to filling of Criminal cases against them.