GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
EDUCATION (SE-PS-1) DEPARTMENT
Ref:- 1. G.O.Ms.No.1,
Education (PS-2) Department, dt:
(PS-1) Department, dt:
Education (PS-1) Department, dt:
G.O.Ms.No.23, Education (PS-1) Department, dt:
G.O.Ms.No.41, Education (PS-1) Department, dt:
G.O.Ms.No.58, Education (PS-1) Department, dt:
G.O.Ms.No.74, Education (PS-1) Department, dt:
8. Govt. Memo No.14373/PS.1/A2/2006, dt.25-9-2006
The Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Establishment, Recognition, Administration and control of schools under private managements) Rules, 1993 were issued in the G.O. first read above and subsequently amended from time to time. In the recent past, there have been several proposals from educational agencies to establish new schools or upgradation of existing schools. Earlier there was a condition that there should not be unhealthy competition among the schools in the locality and hence a distance of 1 km for pre-primary and primary schools, 2 K.Ms for upper primary schools and 5 KMs for establishment of High Schools was stipulated in Rule 4 (1) (b) of G.O. first read above. This rule was further amended in G.O. 7th read above with regard to certain terms and conditions. These instructions have been reiterated in Memo 8th read above. Thus, recently with a view to minimize hassles in obtaining permission certain conditions have been relaxed. Thus several changes have taken place in rules governing upgradation of schools or setting up of new schools. Proposals are being sent for opening of new schools including upgradation of Upper Primary schools into high schools even when there is a High School within a radius of 1 KM and in some cases the High Schools are located in ½ KM radius.
2. Similarly, there have been repeated requests for relaxation of the rule of open spaces (Play-ground) from the existing 1000 Sq. Mts. in urban areas and 2000 Sq. Mts. in rural areas. Further such as a ground should be annexed to the school building as per rule 5 (7) of the said Rules. Some proposals have been received in urban areas, though the play ground is available nearby but not annexed to the school building.
3. After the Kumbakonam fire accident guidelines were
issued in Govt. Memo No.11027/CSS-R&E/A3/2003, dated:
4. There are also complaints that the teachers are hardly paid anything and in many cases no qualified teachers are engaged by some private schools. The issues relating to utilization of fee collected by private schools should also studied in order to ensure utilization of the fee towards salaries to the teachers and other purposes in equitable and appropriate manner as provided in the G.O.Ms.No.1, Education (PS-2) Department dt:01-01-1994. Most of the schools have not been submitting their annual administrative reports along with the audited accounts.
5. With a view to study these issues in a comprehensive manner, the Government hereby constitute a Committee with the following officials.
(a) Director of School Education --- Chairman
(b) SPD, SSA --- Member
(c) Director, SCERT --- Member
(d) Technical Consultant, S.S.A --- Member
(e) Secretary, APREIS --- Member
Three experts in the field of school education will also be nominated to this committee separately.
6. This committee will study G.O.Ms.No.1, Education, dated:01-01-1994 and amendments issued thereon from time to time and suggest the amendments that could be made keeping in view of the various issues that have come across while processing the proposals for permitting / opening of new private schools. The Committee should complete this process urgently and submit a report to Government so that the new guidelines can be adopted for permitting private schools during the academic year 2007-08.
7. The Director of School Education, Andhra Pradesh,
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
Dr P. KRISHNAIAH
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of School Education,
The State Project
Director, Sarva Shiksha Abihayan, Andhra Pradesh,
The Director, State
Council of Educational Research and Training,
The Technical Consultant,
Sarva Shiksha Abihayan, Andhra Pradesh,
The Secretary Andhra
Pradesh Residential Educational Institutions Society,
Copy to OSD to M (SE)
/// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER ///